70%, 80%, and 90% LTV (Loan-to-Value) mortgages refer to different borrowing levels in relation to the property’s value.
- A 70% LTV mortgage means borrowing 70% of the property’s value, while providing a deposit or equity equivalent to the remaining 30%.
- An 80% LTV mortgage means borrowing 80% of the property’s value, with a deposit or equity contribution of 20%.
- A 90% LTV mortgage allows you to borrow up to 90% of the property’s value, requiring a deposit or equity of 10%.
A higher LTV generally indicates more risk to lenders, potentially resulting in less favourable borrowing terms, such as higher interest rates or access to a narrower range of mortgage products.